The institution has a well-defined policy for promotion of research.
A research development cell has been established that will plan, prepare and implement the steps for development of research and development activities in our college. The Research and Development (R&D) Cell was established in 2000 as per the decisions taken by the Academic Council.
Research Supervisors approved by the College
Head of all Academic Departments
Senior Faculties, nominated by the Research Director/Principal
Nominee from the College
Nominee from the Industry
- The R&D Cell is responsible for assisting the Academic Council in the performance of the Council’s responsibilities in respect of the establishment and promotion of excellence in the
- Institute’s research and development, and academic and research training activities. This includes the development, review and monitoring of achievements under the Research & Development, and those aspects of other college/Institute Plans.
- The development and enhancement of the Institute’s research capacities.
- Motivate all Faculties to pursue research in their respective areas of expertise.
- The protection and commercialization of the Institute’s intellectual property.
- Consultancy activities are related to R&D.
- The provision of research and development opportunities for academic staff to maintain enthusiasm, awareness of current scholarship and relevance in teaching and other Institutional activities.
- The development of infrastructure conducive to promoting the quality and quantity of research and development.
- The establishment of research and development priorities; and monitoring the quality and quantity of research and development.
- Disbursement of Institute Research Funds to established researchers, both individually and in groups; including research infrastructure funds; higher degree by research candidates; seeking grants to researchers; research initiatives across the departments; and provision of consolidated information to the Academic Council and other appropriate Institutional bodies.
- Monitor the application of Research Funds to ensure that the funds are properly and formally accounted for.
- Promote emerging areas of research and development.
- Development of mechanisms conducive to the best possible ways of engaging and motivating research staff.
- To monitor and enhance the quality of research programs, projects and the research infrastructure within Institute, including the training of research scholars.
- To be responsible for the progression of research scholars.
- To foster the development of multi-disciplinary research endeavors across Faculties and departments.
- Oversee the application of the Code of Research Ethics for the responsible practice of research.
- To formulate incentive schemes for promoting research activities with teachers and students/scholars.
- The quality of postgraduate education to be brought up to an internationally high level. An evaluation of PG program to be carried out by the R&D committee.
- To promote building build strategic, durable partnerships and develop funding solutions with Industries and research Institutions for steering, funding and cooperation.
- Legislation on higher education is amended to support the export of education